You may be hearing a lot about the new Etsy front page. It's changing and many Etsians are in a tizzy about the new look. After hearing that most of my pals were seeing the new page I had to check it out for myself. I clicked over to my Etsy saved tab and found that nothing looked different. "Ugh, why me?" I thought.
After whining a bit I finally stumbled upon the Etsy blog post explaining why and how to see the new page. For those of you who are still fumbling through trying to figure it out here you go....
A New Homepage for New Visitors
|Sample 1 of my FP|
Once I completed this step and had new taste test results I saved them and was able to check out what all the fuss is about. I have to say, and I know some of my friends are going to want to punch me for this, but, I LIKE IT!
First, let me say that I completely understand the sadness felt by many of us hardworking treasury makers. We are now forced to scroll down a bit to see our treasuries but in all honesty I'm ok with that. Why? Well several reasons.
1. Instead of now seeing the same items over and over again I am seeing new things and people!
2. If I don't like what I see, I simply hit the little blue arrow and get new items!
3. We have a higher chance of getting our items seen by new customers, the treasuries are still visible!
4. I like change! (this may be a key factor here)
5. If I take a step out of my seller shoes for a minute, I realize that as a customer it's much more appealing. I'm more likely to stay and browse around! Meaning, we sellers may in fact get more exposure!
|Sample 2 of my FP|
So before we all go complaining to Etsy about how it sucks let's give it some time. Play around with it a bit and you may discover it's not so bad!
Love and Hugs